Friday, March 2, 2012

Are oral contraceptives likely to be less affective for me?

I have been taking The Pill since I started having sex and it has never been a close friend of mine. I have also tried the patch which was a disaster as I apparently have sensitive skin.



I have had multipul periods before, passed masses of tissue, and bad cramping.



This past February I missed 2 pills and bled 2/3 of my blood in 4 days, ended up in the hospital with a blood count of 16 (average is 40) and had to have 2 blood transfusions.



My question is, how likely is it that birth control is significantly less effective on me than it is on a person who has normal side effects? I do use condoms most of the time (I am in a monogomas relationship so STD's aren't a big concern, just pregnancy) but when I don't - even though I am on birth control- I freak out that I am pregnant. Like right now.



Are my fears justified or am I just being over concerned?Are oral contraceptives likely to be less affective for me?
You could be over concerned however you should talk to your doctor about these fears. The more you share with your doctor the better off you are!!!! Have you tried the nuvaring? I use to have horrible problems with the pill but only mild pH problems with the nuvaring! Might be worth talking to your doctor about.

No comments:

Post a Comment